Victor P. Danhi
Victor Danhi is a partner in the automotive group. He represents national and regional automotive dealership clients in consumer class actions and complex litigation, federal and state regulatory matters, unfair competition claims, commercial and consumer litigation, and franchise disputes. Victor has successfully defended clients at trial before juries, judges, and arbitrators. He has extensive experience in the effective resolution of high-stakes litigation, litigation avoidance and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Victor was an associate in the Los Angeles office of a national law firm in the automotive group. Additionally, he brings 19 years of technical and managerial experience in military and commercial aerospace and satellite communications to his legal practice. He negotiated and drafted major subcontracts for a leading communication satellite manufacturer and advised its purchasing agents on legal issues affecting government and commercial procurement.
Victor is a member of the American Bar Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the Orange County Bar Association, and the Beverly Hills Bar Association.
Publications, Presentations and Recognitions
- "What You Need to Know About Proposition 65: Statutory Overview, Legislative Amendments, and Potential Impact on the Automotive Component Part Industry," AAPEX, Las Vegas, Nevada, November 2013
- “Franchise Law Update: Risks and Avoidance,” National Alliance of Auto Dealer Advisors Fall Meeting, La Jolla, California, November 2012
- “Auto Advisory Services Transmission,” Arent Fox Litigation Update, February/March 2012
- Arent Fox and AAS New Laws Workshop, San Diego, California, June 2012
- Arent Fox and AAS New Laws Workshop, San Bernardino, California, June 2012
- “ASFA reform, relief from tire fee class actions,” Arent Fox Automotive Alert, September 2011
Life Beyond the Law
Victor enjoys outdoor activities and traveling with his wife, Jane. On weekends he can be found sailing locally or heading to Catalina Island. He is a member and Judge Advocate of the Seal Beach Yacht Club and a member of the American Legion Yacht Club of Newport Beach.
Bar & Court Admissions
US District Court, Northern District of California
US District Court, Central District of California
US District Court, Southern District of California
US District Court, Eastern District of California
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, JD (Scott Moot Court Honors Board), 2000
Pepperdine University, BS (cum laude), 1997